Monday, December 22, 2008

Two Kiddos, One Mom, Crowded Theater = FUN!


Ok, so if I want to take the kids to a movie that I think they will like (well that I think Ellie will like) I go on a Monday at lunchtime...so today it was cold and with the choice of going grocery shopping or taking the kids to a movie I decide on the movie.

I decide that Bolt: The Superdog is my best bet (see Product Reviews for my opinion on the movie) and I pack up the girls along with the snacks I am going to sneak in and off we go.

As I drive into the theater parking lot...what's that?!??! There are cars? And not just SOME cars, but A LOT of cars! Oh come on now...but I decide to tough it out, especially since I already told Ellie we were going to see a doggie movie and she is in the back seat saying "movie, movie, movie...!" Alright so I go to buy a ticket, and yes I say A ticket since there is no way in heck I am spending $6.00 on a child's ticket when I can claim that Ellie isn't 2 yet LOL, and I get dirty looks from people (ps. when did the matinee ticket price go up to $10.00?). Of course, that is to be expected I guess since I have a toddler who is super excited and a baby screeching "dadadadeh" strapped to my chest. Breathe Arya, everything will be fine...the power of positive thinking. I buy my coke zero to fortify myself and make a foray into the bathroom...it is amazing the things a mom learns how to do one handed.

We get settled in...did I mention it was crowded? And oh yeah...Bolt is in 3D so viewing glasses are needed...just G.R.E.A.T! And you know what? Both kids were awesome. Ellie loved the movie and made herself comfortable by taking off her shoes and sitting sideways and aside from the occasional whine and whimper from Eve when she wanted a snack...it went smoothly. Yeahy! And to top it off, both of the kids took a nap when we got home. An almost perfect day (I didn't get breakfast in bed or a snickers so it can't be perfect).

No comments:

Post a Comment