Saturday, December 20, 2008

Holiday Shopping and the Plastic Conspiracy

Apparently today is when 18% of holiday shopping is completed, and just my luck I needed to put the finishing touches on my toy shopping...oh yeahy! I have to admit that I am slightly disappointed in myself...most of the toys that I bought the girls this year are plastic things, not at all the kind of toys that really foster the use of imagination. My only saving grace is that I invested in a good deal of art supplies, so I am not stunting Ellie's creative development in at least one area.

I wonder if my mom thought about fostering my creative development when she was raising me? I seem to remember being pushed out of the door and being told to play outside...

But, back to holiday shopping...it took me about an hour to make it through the toy store all the while cringing at what was in my cart. I am making a New Year's resolution to stop buying into the plastic conspiracy and I am going to start finding different sorts of toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment